23rd December 2019
Free Tutorial: How to Make a Father Christmas Cupcake
Another one?! Yep that's right, we're clearly in a very giving mood, suitably considering the season.
This time we've got a father Christmas cupcake for you, perfect for any cupcake display, homemade gift or Christmas party. Let it sidle up to the Christmas table accompanied by all the trimmings. Now we like the sound of that!
In this tutorial from Pretty Witty Cakes you can learn how to make a this Father Christmas Cupcakes. He's clearly had one too many mince pies and is stuck down the chimney!
This is perfect for topping cupcakes and kids will love it. It's so simple to make but will really stand out! Go on, impress friends and family this Christmas with this festive bake.
Top Tips for making this Father Christmas Cupcake:
- You will need to add some gum tragacanth to you sugar paste to make it more pliable and easier to work with.
- Use an ice cream scoop to get a nice round of buttercream, this can be kept in the fridge until it becomes firm and will act as a nice topper for your cake.
- A base of white sugar paste underneath the red will ensure a smooth looking topper.
- You can neaten the edges using the small end of your ball tool and scraping any excess away.
- Make sure the belt isn't too close to the edge of the cupcake as you need a place for your holly to go.
- Yellow florist paste is used as it's easier to handle when working with such a small amount.
- If you need any of the pastes to be softer, just add a little trex to make it more supple.
- The boots need to be about half and inch deep, once modelled, check them against the cupcake and add or takeaway paste as needed.
- If you want the legs to be really secure you can use a piece of spaghetti to fix them in place.
Products Used for this Father Christmas Cupcake:
We love Christmas and wanted to share some of the festive spirit with a few Christmassy bakes to get you in the mood. Have a look at a few we've gathered to tickle your tastebuds.
We hope this inspires you to try our Father Christmas Cupcake!
We thought this was a really sweet cake and perfect for Christmas day afternoon with a cup of tea. The design is just lovely and very festive!
Laden with sugar and some sparkles and topped with sugar paste snowflakes and characters, what's not to love? These toppers are really sweet and would look perfect on a Christmas display table. We think our Father Christmas topper would also slot in perfectly.
And finally, this GEM. What a lovely cake with so much colour! It's perfect for Christmas and one we really love.
Our Final Words:
This final Christmas tutorial is the end of our little series on Pretty Witty Cakes, we hope you've loved them all and feel suitably festive and prepared for the season!
Our other tutorials are for a Christmas Tree and Christmas Snowman so you can get baking! We also have loads of other tutorials at the Pretty Witty Academy Christmas and beyond for any budding bakers. Go and have a look here.
A few Christmassy tutorials from the Academy!
Wishing you all a wonderful Christmas and very Happy New Year!
Over on the Pretty Witty Academy site we have nearly 1000 cake tutorials showing you seasonal bakes, recipes, wedding cakes and novelty cakes!
There is also have a huge business section for those wanting to run a cake business.
Why not check out some of these amazing cake tutorials. See more at Pretty Witty Academy.
Some links in the Pretty Witty Cakes Blog will be affiliate links. Affiliate links are links where we can earn commission by advertising and linking to other sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases which helps ensure that we can keep producing free tutorials for you.