25th December 2019
Recipe: Fudge and Cherry Cookies
This week we have an oldie but a goodie. A recipe first shown to us by our Guest Tutor Sam and one which my kids love!
Fudge and Cherry Cookies
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 125g soft butter
- 225g sugar (a mix of caster sugar and brown sugar work best)
- 1 medium egg
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract (optional)
- 235 grams self-raising flour
- ½ teaspoons salt
- 50 grams fudge chopped quite small
50 grams glace cherries chopped (a little more if you want to add a few bits to the top of the cookies)
1. Preheat your oven to 180C fan/350F/Gas 4. (Note that ovens all vary so adjust the temperatures above when you know you oven well).
2. Grease with butter or Bake Easy spray 2 baking trays and line with greaseproof paper.
3. Beat the butter & sugar together until light & fluffy add the egg and vanilla extract if using then beat again.
4. Sieve in the flour & salt and mix well together. Stir through the chopped fudge & cherries.
5. Roll large teaspoonfuls of mix into balls and place on a lined/greased baking tray. If you want flat even cookies make them smooth and round, if you want more 'rustic' looking cookies leave them rough round the edges. If the mix is a bit sticky, flour your hands a little.
6. Place a few small pieces of cherry on top, just to look pretty! Place apart as they flatten out quite a lot.
7. Bake for about 10 minutes. This should give you a cooked but chewy cookie. If you prefer more crunch leave for a few minutes longer.
8. Allow to cool & harden for a few minutes on the tray, and then transfer to a cooling rack or munch right away!
These cookies last several days in an airtight container.
If you loved this...
Why not check out some of our other free recipes? We have an amazing recipe for eggless Victoria sponge here.
Want More Recipes?
We have loads of recipes for everything from bread to cakes oner on Pretty Witty Academy, we are sure if you liked these cookies then you will LOVE our other recipes!
What To Do Next:
Maybe next time you embark on a cake venture, check out the the Pretty Witty Academy site! We have nearly 1000 cake tutorials showing you everything from how to cover a cake with sugar paste and fixing damaged cakes to fully advanced gravity defying cakes.
We also have a huge business section for those wanting to run a cake business. From website building to pricing, we've got you covered.
Why not check out some of these amazing novelty cakes now! See more at Pretty Witty Academy.