10th February 2020
Free Cake Tutorial: How to Make a Valentines Bunny
Valentines, Galentines, it's a day for celebrating love! And we all know the best way to most peoples hearts is through their stomachs! So why not treat your valentine or galentine to a cake or two and top with this sweet Valentine Bunny.
In this free tutorial from Pretty Witty Cakes, you will learn how to make this sweet little bunny, perfect for a Valentine celebration. It can top a cupcake or be part of a bigger display for your Valentine. So give this bunny a go!
Top Tips for making this Valentine Bunny:
- Roll the paste around in your hands to get rid of any creases or marks.
- Make sure the bunny has a fairly flat base so it can sit nicely.
- Do the heart first so the bunny can be built around it.
- Keep the heart fairly thick so it is not too flat and holds it's shape well.
- Using cling film between the paste and the cutter means that you will be able to get a nice rounded shape on your heart and not have really sharp edges.
- Saracino is quite tacky so sticks well to itself.
- Always warm up your paste to help its pliability.
- Teardrops are part of the basic shapes for models so good to learn how to do!
- Check the size of the arms and legs against the model so it is all in proportion.
- The arms and feet should be roughly the size of a Malteser when rolling out.
- You can add details using your dresden tool to make "fingers" and "thumbs". If you don't have a dresden tool, you can use a cocktail stick to make the marks.
- The head will be bigger than the body and will be attached with either a cocktail stick or piece of spaghetti. Make sure to pierce the head before putting it onto the body.
- Put her head at angle to make her look more cute.
- Let the body completely dry before placing the head on top as it will be more stable.
- Mix the white with alcohol, this helps it to set and dry. If you don't use alcohol it will come off when touched.
Products Used for this Valentine Bunny:
Our Final Words:
We hope you'd loved this tutorial all about how to make a Valentine's bunny. Celebrate Valentines or Galentines this year with a bit of baking and impress your loved ones.
We have loads of other tutorials over on the Academy teaching you how to make animal toppers so why not head on over and have a look!
Over on the Pretty Witty Academy site we have so many more tutorials showing you everything from how to cover a cake with sugar paste, sugar flowers, toppers and fully advanced gravity defying cakes. We also have a huge business section for those wanting to run a cake business.
Why not check out some of these amazing cake tutorials. See more at Pretty Witty Academy.
Some links in the Pretty Witty Cakes Blog will be affiliate links. Affiliate links are links where we can earn commission by advertising and linking to other sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases which helps ensure that we can keep producing free tutorials for you.